Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bryan Ferry- Boys and Girls-1985


I don't know if I'm happy or unhappy that I was born too late to enjoy the vastly vapid days of disco but the closest I get to a disco beat is Bryan Ferry and  how I love him. First of all, he's sexy as hell. He would get my vote just for the way he dresses but he completely does me in with Slave to Love I mean...right? Admittedly, he's spotty on his other solo releases and he should really stop with the covers that have been covered and covered but "Boys and Girls" is about the best album I own for dancing in your underwear under a mirror ball. Barring Slave to Love, the cuts on this album tend to blend into each other but there's a soulfulness to the throbbing. No one can mean it quite like Bryan. Guest musicians include Mark Knopfler and David Gilmour. Although they don't get all experimental on this album, their sound is unmistakable and they certainly add  a little somethin' somethin' to it. Check it out. Mirror ball not included.

No comments: