Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits


Honestly? I don't have a deep catalogue on Patsy. I adore her, sure, but I find myself going back to the same tunes, the ones I know the words to, over and over. Fortunately, on Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits, there is a song for damn near every occasion involving the opposite or the same sex, whichever the case may be. Patsy's focus is mostly on the tunes of the Cheatin' and Hurtin' variety, a modern day therapist would most certainly call her a victim but it just feels so good to throw Patsy on the turntable when someone's done you wrong. Crazy is  my number one on this LP, a classic of classics, ditto for Sweet Dreams, I Fall to Pieces, Strange, She's Got You, Why Can't He Be You?, Leavin' on Your Mind, and You're Stronger Than Me. The coolest thing about Patsy though, is that there's always an "I Will Survive" quality to her voice, no matter how sad the song, she inspires you to get back on the horse and ride off into the sunset in search of the next heartbreaker.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here. Here. Patsy wills you to believe.